Sri Balaji Temple Trust
Welcome to Sri Balaji Temple Website
About Sri Balaji (Lord Vishnu)
The ancient and sacred temple of Sri Venkateswara is located on the seventh peak, Venkatachala (Venkata Hill) of the Tirupati Hill, and lies on the southern banks of Sri Swami Pushkarini.
It is by the Lord's presidency over Venkatachala, that He has received the appellation, Venkateswara (Lord of the Venkata Hill). He is also called the Lord of the Seven Hills.
The benefits acquired by a piligrimage to Venkatachala are mentioned in the Rig Veda and Asthadasa Puranas. In these epics, Sri Venkateswara is described as the great bestower of boons.
There are several legends associated with the manifestation of the Lord at Tirumala. The Temple has its origins in Vaishnavism, an ancient sect which advocates the principles of equality and love, and prohibits animal sacrifice.
COVID-19 update: May 26th, 2020
In continuation of the earlier notices and information bulletins posted on Facebook and website, the following information is provided to all devotees. By the Grace of God and prompt actions by the Government and the community, we are now going into level-2 from Thursday, 14th. While there is more choice on Alert Level 2, we still need to keep our physical distancing and maintain a high level of hygiene practices.
The following steps will be implemented to prevent and contain the spread of this virus at Sri Balaji Temple, Hamilton.
- Sri Balaji Temple in Hamilton is now open for public.
- Elderly devotees and those with pre-existing health conditions are advised to refrain from visiting the Temple as it exposes them to a higher risk of infection until further notice.
- All normal daily pujas will be conducted but with a heightened sense of community Health and Safety. A maximum of 100 (Hundred) devotees are permitted, from 29th May, 2020, inside the Temple at any given time and must maintain the recommended physical distance (2 mt). Currently this limit is 10.
- In adherence to the New Zealand Government’s directive on avoidance of mass gathering – all festivals will be celebrated on a low key (prayers only).
- The devotees are welcome to bring fruits, flowers and milk. All Saturday maha prasadam / annadaanam is suspended for the time being.
- We have advised priests not to offer vibhuthi and Kumkum directly to devotees.
- Every devotee entering the Temple will enter their names and contact details in a register. This will help us provide information to Ministry of Health, if required.
- Devotees are requested that if you are coughing / sneezing or have flu like symptoms, please refrain from visiting to the Temple.
- If you have traveled recently back into NZ, self-isolation for 14 days is mandatory – during which time you should not be visiting the Temple.
- All devotees are requested to wash their hands with soap before entering the Temple.
Further, we request devotees to exercise caution and follow the guidelines issued by the Ministry of Health and other Government agencies for the protection of all of us.
Sri Balaji Temple Trust - 11th AGM - 18 July 2020
In pursuance of the Sections 19 & 21.2 of the Constitution of Sri Balaji Temple Trust (SBTT – Trust deed), this notice is issued for conduct of the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Sri Balaji Temple Trust Hamilton on Saturday, 18th July 2020 at 2.00 pm.
Please find enclosed the following documents pertaining to the AGM.
- Notice and Agenda for the AGM to be held on 18th July 2020 at 2.00 PM, at Sri Balaji Temple, Hamilton.
- Nomination form for the position of a Trustee.
All are welcome to attend the AGM. Only financial members are eligible to cast their votes, if required.
With the Blessings of Sri Balaji
With kind regards
Asogan Govender, SBTT - Secretary