A Charitable Trust, first time ever, has been formed in New Zealand with the following objectives.
- to build, maintain and manage the affairs of the Sri Balaji (Lord Sri Venkateswara Swamy) Temple in Hamilton.
- to propagate the Hindu Religion in New Zealand among those who profess Hinduism.
- to promote the religious, spiritual and cultural welfare of the Hindu community in New Zealand.
- A carefully worded constitution of the Trust has been prepared and is approved by the New Zealand Government.
- A 8-member Board of Trustees has been formed (both life trustees and elected trustees) with the like-minded people from the naturalised New Zealand residents drawing from various countries such as India, Sri Lanka Malaysia and South Africa etc